Adult and Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
Twin Town offers Adult and Adolescent Treatment; programs and services offered at Twin Town sites follow:
· Day Treatment: The adult and adolescent programs are conducted in separate rooms by separate counseling staff. Each client is enrolled in eight hours of intensive outpatient and day treatment programming per day, up to six days per week. Recommended as a cost-effective alternative to inpatient care for highly acute and seriously disabling conditions.
· Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): The adult and adolescent programs are conducted in separate rooms by separate counseling staff. The intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP) emphasizes abstinence, relapse prevention, disease model education, family codependency counseling, problem solving skills, stress management, and family communication skills. Each client is enrolled in three hours of treatment programming per day, up to six days per week.
· Continuing Care: Clients, who successfully graduate from Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programming "IOP", "Phase I Treatment" are enrolled in four subsequent months of professionally conducted, twice weekly, and then weekly aftercare sessions. Many managed care plans pay for only the "Phase I" IOP (Intensive Outpatient Treatment) episode of care, where the four months of Continuing Care are provided without additional charge. (Per contractual arrangement.)
· Relapse Track: Ten sessions of Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) are provided to adult or adolescent individuals who complete Twin Town's program and later relapse.
· ADE (Alcohol and Drug Education) Program: ADE comprises urinalysis testing, SAP/ EAP/ DOT/ DOD correspondence and coordination, and fifteen (15) contact hours of education. The cost for this service is one thousand dollars ($1000.00).
· Coordination with Ambulatory Detoxification: As part of the initial assessment, Twin Town evaluates the need for detoxification services using a screening tool developed for them. If appropriate, the patient is treated by Twin Town's affiliated physician addictionists for detoxification, while participating in the Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP).
· Alumni Program: Twin Town has an alumni group that is set up to meet on a monthly basis.
Phases of Treatment
Twin Town is a temporary solution to a chronic disease- essentially, the initial introduction to a life-long program of personal recovery. The idea behind the intensity of our Intensive Outpatient Treatment Model is that adult and adolescent patients start off in Phase I IOP intensive outpatient treatment (3 hours daily, five to six days weekly), and minimal 12-step (or other support group) attendance (2 times weekly). When they step down to Phases II and III (1.5 hours daily), the 12-step (or other support group) involvement increases in intensity until Phase III is completed and they move on to 12-step (or other support group) as their source of long-term sobriety. This is not to say that patients are not welcome to attend sessions if they really feel they need the support of Twin Town on a given day, or have not been here for a while and would like to sit in and be supportive of the patients, but not as something that could be remotely considered "regular" attendance.
It is a Twin Town Treatment Centers' policy toward providing quality care, to provide Continuing Care services to all primary patients completing Phase I of the intensive outpatient treatment program. Continuing Care services are available to patients at all treatment sites.
Family group is designed for Phase I IOP intensive outpatient treatment adult and adolescent patients and their families so they can learn about such issues as codependency, family roles, communication skills and boundary setting.
If you have questions regarding Adult and Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program please click here.